Sunday, May 19, 2013

How to train humans - Guest Post

Hello, there... my name is Yuki, well that's what the humans in my home calls me anyway. It's not Russian but actually Japanese meaning snow because of my white furs.

I have been in this house for 3 months now and have successfully trained them the element of purrsonal hygiene for me, namely proper litter box cleaning routines. Once the business is done, I only have to meow once and they come running to clean it up.

The male human has the purrfect body for me to rest. The best time for me to meow 'Attention, purrlease' is when he is having a cup of tea with his beloved iPad or when he is playing computer games. He is now well trained to be able to support my whole weight with his one arm so that I can rest my head on his shoulder to relax and get petted whilst he purrsuit his day-to-day activities.

Anyway, you are wondering where I am going with this as this blog is about food, right?

I was a stray when the Cat Rescue Centre found me earlier this year. I was used to eat whatever that came to my way. The centre then fed me Felix brand food. When the humans adopted me, they initially fed me Felix meals in jelly. I am not a fussy eater so I was happily eating this for a while but one day the female human thought I should get something that looks and smells a little bit more 'meaty' and changed to Felix Doubly Delicious brand. It is callused As Good as it looks and it comes with beef, chicken, tuna and salmon for choices.


Well, I appreciate her effort but frankly speaking I just licks all the jelly and once jelly has gone, I just leave the 'meat' in the bowl, letting it getting dry. I have been doing this for a while trying to give her some subtle hint and this has paid off!  The other day she has brought home Sheba - Chicken in gravy!  That was yummy. Each slices of meat are in the right sizes, well coated with tasty gravy. The smell is not bad neither - a bit reminds of me school dinner, well human children's school, I meant....
And the best of all, it comes in a small container for each meal so every time I get freshly opened meal instead of left over from previous packet. This is the most tasty kind!


I scoffed all in one go as there is no tomorrow and licked the bottom of the bowl nice and clean. I then went over to the female humans and gave her a cuddle, purring intensely, to reward her behaviour for positive reinforcement as she did bring the right brand!

I do however need to be careful not to be too choosy so that I can still secure daily feed. You see, I am now a house cat, not allowed to go out which means that I can't just go outside and 'dine out' at a neighbour's house or two-time my humans with another human feeder by doing social rounds to get two breakfasts and several lunches during the day. 

So my positive reinforcement must continue to keep reminding them to bring the right brand from supermarket. 

That's all purrks!





No comments: