Saturday, May 4, 2013

Wok this way...

Friday evening is my favourite time of the week - work finished till next Monday and you still got whole weekend ahead to enjoy and relax.

Driving home from work, I was thinking what I should make for dinner. Mmmmm, I quite fancied eating tuna and anchovy spaghetti - Spaghetti all' acciughe e tonne (http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=h7kIvsObIDkC&pg=PT107&lpg=PT107&dq=giorgio+locatelli+tuna+spaghetti&source=bl&ots=cpOqVb1Yf&sig=XO7MRLwL9D6UnBkVFQWRCmcLKbM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=ZUaFUfuSMYaXO6SZgJAL&ved=0CFkQ6AEwBA), from the recipe by that Italian chef, Giorgio Locatelli that I saw on cooking programme 'Tony & Giorgio' quite a long time ago. Yeah, this is it, that's what would make when I go home for me and my husband, opening a nice bottle of wine.

Arrived home, realised that my husband had gone out for qi-gong practice, I decided to make myself a cup of coffee using Nespresso machine. By the way this is such a great investment, so easy to make a lovely coffee, so easy to clean (which is very important as I hate cleaning up!). Anyway, sat down in front of TV, started watching backlog of recorded TV programmes whilst sipping the coffee, totally chilled out. Big mistake, now I can't be bothered to cook. The next thing my husband phoned, having just finished qi-gong practice, asking for what's for dinner AND suggested to go for Chinese takeaway. I instantly replied Yes. Lesson learnt, never sit down in front of TV with a lovely cup of coffee when you get in from work on Friday evening if you had a good intention to cook. My husband needs to wait till next time I decide to make that spaghetti.

Honey Flower is our local favourite Chinese take away and my husband really likes there. If I don't cook at all, he would be happily live on their Chinese food every day. So much so, when he orders his Chinese food over the phone, they know who he is, call him on first name terms. (Well, this does not reflect good on me, does it, as if it sounds I don't cook at all and he lives on their takeaway every day....).

Anyway, I think they are really good - lots of fresh vegetables and succulent king prawns they use in their cookings are absolute delight!

We usually have vegetable spring rolls and Crispy Won Tons, which are prawn won tons, for starter.

Vegetable Spring Rolls and Crispy Won Tons

As we don't eat meat, we tend to order dishes with king prawns in them. My husband likes King Prawns with Black Bean Sauce, Kung Po King Prawns (king prawns in light batter in a spicy, sweet and sour sauce) and Szechuan King Prawns (Spicy, hot & sour with cashew nuts). I like Sweet and Sour King Prawn Cantonese style (deep fried king prawns in batter with pineapple chunks, green pepper and onions) and ask for extra chill or sometimes I have King Prawn Satay.

Sweet & Sour King Prawns Cantonese Style with extra chilli (top)
and King Prawns with Black Bean Sauce (bottom).
Szechuan King Prawns (left) and Vegetable Chow Mein Cantonese Style (right)
You see what I mean - succulent big king prawns and chunky fresh vegetables stir-fried to perfection that vegetables still holding their crunchy-ness, and they are filling the takeaway containers so fully to the rim that they are about to overflow.... Mmmmm, yummy.

You got to 'wok this way' to our local Honey Flower!!!

That's all forks!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like you had dinner for 4 there!!! Are you sure there wasn't something in that coffee that made you so hungry?