Monday, July 14, 2014

Another visit to Dragon-i in Glasgow

Emily's fiance Craig is in Hong Kong right now en route to somewhere in China for business. I asked him to take some photos of foods he eats there for my blog.  I am sure whatever he eats will be amazing, besides I am just nosy as well about his food adventure (see my earlier blog, Craig's food adventure).

This reminded me of photos I took when we went back to dragon-i (http://www.dragon-i.co.uk) Chinese restaurant in Glasgow last month (Please see my earlier blog too).  

I wanted to try something different from last time so for starter I ordered Cheng Hau (West coast mussels stir fried in a seafood black bean sauce) and my husband ordered Tom Yam Gong (Thai chilli seafood soup with lemongrass, cherry tomatoes and shiitake mushrooms).  Well, mussels were really good, plentiful and full of lovely black bean flavour yet not too salty. This also goes very well with white wine or beer. Both were delicious however I really liked this mussels dish and I would not mind ordering this again anytime soon.

West coast mussels with seafood black bean sauce, yummy ...
Thai chilli seafood soup

I forgot to mention, they also gave us chilli Thai prawn crackers whilst we were perusing the menu. 


I actually had another on-line deal for 2 main courses and a bottle of wine for £19 for the evening so they brought us a perfectly chilled bottle of Chenin Blanc. I am not a wine connoisseur at all but I enjoyed this wine - it was very refreshing.



For main course, my husband had Lat Gee Hoi Sin (Tiger prawns, scallops and fish tossed in a chilli tomato, pepper sauce topped with fresh coriander), served with garlic butter fried rice. There were lots of seafood in it and my husband enjoyed this dish.

Seafood stir fry with garlic rice

I had Sichuan Tofu (vegetable and egg tofu stir fried in a spicy Sichuan sauce), served with garlic butter fried rice.  Well, well, well. I wish you can taste this right now. This was really amazing - sauce was really savoury and tasty, and most of all there were full of freshly stir-fried vegetables with crunchiness. To be honest there were not much tofu in it in proportion to fried vegetables however I did not mind. There were also 3 big asparagus spears - I love asparagus, so you can tell how delighted I was about this.  This is another dish I would not mind having again anytime soon.

Egg tofu with vegetable and garlic rice

I really enjoyed the dishes I ordered.

If I don't enjoy the food, I feel as if my whole day were ruined, and I am sure you share the same view if you read my blog as you like food. Anyway, you can tell how happy I was after the dinner. I thoroughly enjoyed the dinner. I should also mention that the service was also very excellent.

Last time I notice this statue of a Chinese warrior by the bar. This time I remembered to take a picture of this as we were leaving the restaurant.  (But at least I did not stand beside it to do selfie ... I am not that bad, ha ha ha ...).


Thinking of these dishes make me wonder what Craig had tonight for dinner in Hong Kong.  Tomorrow he will travel to somewhere in the People' Republic of China. He will get to eat real authentic Chinese dishes - that would be definitely a blog worthy, Craig, and have a safe journey.

That's all forks!

No comments: