Sunday, October 12, 2014

My first tomato!

My mother-in-law Mary gave us tiny tomato plants in a pot while ago for our kitchen windowsill. She told us to keep watering every morning and night, so we were doing that for a while. The plants started to get taller and taller and we were also starting to forget watering them.

I don't have green fingers and I managed to kill all the plants that came to our house, except pots of Phalaenopsis (or Moth Orchid) which are placed on our windowsills in the kitchen. So the tomato plants would be a matter of time.... it would be added to the list of al the plants who faced a sad fate under my watch.

We are now watering them when we could remember and before we know, they started to go yellow and then some bits started going brown and dried up.  I was thinking that we may have to throw this away soon.

This evening, I waterd my orchids, trimming dead flowers and then moved on to the tomato plants to remove all dead stalks and leaves when I notice this tiny green tomato which is a size of a marble.


Wow, my first tomato which I have ever grown (or I should say, which has grown of its own).  Compost was bone dry (poor thing!), yet it has born this tiny fruit. Life is amazing, nature is fantastic!  I need to pay more attention to this plant now.

I hope it will grow a bit bigger and get red so that we can try it.  I am so excited that I had to blog about it right away.

Mary, look at this!  This was the plants you gave us a while ago .....

That's all forks!

No comments: