Thursday, November 13, 2014

Maria's Tuna & Pasta Bake - Slimming World Recipe

I was working late this evening and on my way home I got stuck in a traffic jam on the motorway.  To be honest, by that point I could not be bothered cooking but I had to think of something for dinner.... yes, something that my daughter Maria can eat too as she is doing Slimming World diet right now.

When I arrived home, our cat Yuki came out from the kitchen, meowing as if to say 'Hello, where have you been?  We are all starving here!"  I could also smell toast. Poor, Maria, she must have made herself beans and toast for dinner as she could not wait any longer.

I walked into the kitchen to say hello to Maria, only to discover that she was in the middle of cooking dinner for us this evening!  YES, can't wait!

She went to Slimming World website and found this recipe - Tuna & Pasta Bake. Main ingredients are can of tuna, spring onion, can of chopped tomatoes, capers and breadcrumbs.  Ah, breadcrumbs - she was toasting bread for this recipe, not for beans and toast!

After half an hour of so, Voila! The dinner is ready.





Well, this is one of Slimming World recipe and only 1 syn point!

I must say it was really yummy. We enjoyed ourselves so much we had second helpings too. I particularly liked capers and chopped spring onions, and contrast of baked pasta against toasted breadcrumbs. Really yummy, and she said it was really simple to cook - for this recipe please go to http://www.slimmingworld.com/recipes/tuna-and-pasta-bake.aspx.


The recipe tells you to use 700g of pasta - it is actually 700g of 'cooked' pasta, not dry pasta otherwise you would end up with lots of extra pasta that you would need to use up for something else later. 

Anyway, this is only 1 syn, so of course I had this with a glass of wine to increase my enjoyment .... clealy I have missed the point of having almost syn free food, ha ha ha.  

And you know what, it is now less than 6 months to go before my daughter Emily's wedding in May next year!  I should actually start thinking about losing a weight a little bit.  I hope Maria would cook more dinner using other recipes from Slimming World as when I cook, I can do without olive oil, wine, etc and it would not be syn free....  Anyway, the only consolation I have is that I am yet to buy myself a MOB (mother of the bride) dress for the big day which means that I just look for a dress that would fit me, not the other way around that I have to squeeze myself into it!

Yeah, let's just chill and live a life, enjoy your food, and I am sure I can find a dress that would fit me...

That's all forks!




No comments: