Sunday, April 10, 2016

Excellent pizza at Paesano, Glasgow

Mmmmm Pizza ....

We have recently been to Paesano Pizza (http://paesanopizza.co.uk) for Napolitan pizza on Miller Street, Glasgow.  All I can say is, Mmmmmm Pizza....


The restaurant is quite airy, a bit canteen like feel, yet not too cold in decor, providing very relaxing atomosphre. There are bags of pizza flours stuck up against the wall toward the back of the restaurant, beyond that you see chefs making pizzas.




According to them, their wood fired pizza ovens have been built by Gianni Acunto of Naples (http://www.acunto.it/en.html), who have been making traditional ovens for four generations. Their pizza is a hybrid yeast and sourdough proofed for over 48 hours and cooked at an intense heat of 500 degrees, resulting a moist, light, soft, digestible crust which is aromatic and delicious.

They also say that their mozzarella is fresh Fior di Latte from Teano in Campania, approximately 30 km northwest from Rome. Their creamy Mozzarella di Bufala is from Mondragone in Campania, the capital of buffalo mozzarella. They use only Strianese San Marzano tomatoes from Sarno in Campania that provides stronger, sweeter and less acidic tastes. Their extra virgin olive oil is from Lanciano in Abruzzo, and they only use Caputo "00" flour from Naples. According to an internet, the flour is made with high quality and elastic gluten that provides extraordinary taste, perfect for pizza making.

Wow .... just learning where all ingredients are coming from already transport me to Naples in my head!

So we consult with the menu ... This is the pizza restaurant and, apart from some selections of nibbles on the side, pizzas are all they do.


So, what shall we try ....?


They also had specials, which sound great ....


You notice that the price is good, the most expensive is £8 and the cheapest basic one (without cheese) is £5. 

My husband ordered a pizza with capers, olives and anchovies. I ordered pizza with artichoke, mushroom and sun blush tomatoes from the special menu and Maria spicy chorizo from the special too. Can't wait for our pizzas ....



While waiting for our pizzas, we were nibbling artichokes and sun blush tomatoes. I got to tell you. These are seriously good marinated artichokes and sun blush tomatoes ... big size chunks of artichokes. I can just eat these all day with nice vino. I love artichokes. 


Before we finished off artichokes, our pizzas already arrived!

This is Maria's spicy chorizo pizza. 


This is my husband's capers, olives and anchovies pizza ...


and this is my pizza with artichokes, mushrooms and sun blush tomatoes ... this pizza is phenomenal!


On each pizza, there were lots of toppings on top and underneath melted mozzarella. Cant' believe this is only £8!!

And, unless your pizza is already spicy, you should also drizzle this chilis oils on your pizza....




After the pizza, even though I was already more than full, I just wanted to try soft ice cream cone as I had seen ones on Instagram.


My husband kept explaining, repeatedly in fact, that I need to get the cone but I kept thinking soft ice cream as I could not understand why I had to pay extra  £2 just for a[n empty] cone on top of soft ice cream, so I ordered soft ice cream.  And look what happened....  I got soft ice cream, literally, hahaha.


And it was a huge heap ... had I ordered 'the cone' as my husband kept repeatedly saying, I would have had a soft ice cream with cone and would have been .50p cheaper. What was I thinking???

The heap was too big and I am afraid that I had to give up halfway through. Thinking about it now, I want the rest of the ice cream now ....

Anyway, after that, we [especially me] behaved like a tourist, taking picture of their Paesano neon sign on the wall and also went to the toilet for toilet check. [They passed.]



It was such a great pizza experience, my husband and I have gone back again for lunch today, hahaha.

We both ordered the special pizza with artichokes, mushrooms and sun blush tomatoes again and also ordered marinated olives to nibble whilst waiting for our pizzas.  Olives were really big and meaty!


We were impressed that our pizza came fairly quickly.


 The pizza was gorgeous as last time. It was such a big pizza but I even managed to eat 2/3 of mine.


We arrive there around one pm on Sunday afternoon and the place was quiet, however by the time we were leaving the place was getting busier. I heard that people cue to get in when it is busy. I can understand that.


I checked on internet - paesano means countryman, fellow Italian or friend, usually from the same neighbourhood, city or region.  Well, you come to this pizza place to be transported to Naples in your mind and be a Paesano for a few hours whilst eating their wonderful pizza!

That's all forks!

No comments: