Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Lunch at Pizza Express

I have not been updating my blog since 10th October 2012. We have now decided not to get a puppy after all for the time being. So I have then started looking for a cat option as they are low maintenance. They can be left alone during the day and no need for going for a walk... I have been checking on internet looking for cats instead of updating my blog, and then discovered 'Maru', a Scottish Fold breed cat in Japan who has become very popular on You Tube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uDuls5TyNE). I now want another Maru for our house, but the problem is that I am almost certain that I am allergic to cats. "Do you think I am really allergic to cats?" I asked my husband. He shrugged his shoulders. I am in denial. But buying a Scottish Fold is a huge undertaking as they are not cheap and if I suffer from allergy after all, we would not be able to keep it and that would be a shame for the cat. So, in the end having a cat is also put on hold. My older daughter Emily and her boyfriend Craig now own a kitten, named Bailey. Emily keeps sending me lots of photos of Bailey so for the time being I just looking at those photos instead of thinking of a Maru for me.

Bailey sitting on Emily's legs.

Since we were no longer pet hunting or going around pet shelters, our weekend is back to normal, going for lunch on Saturdays. This time we opted for lunch deal at Pizza Express. I have been getting emails from them all the time, giving me all kinds of deal to entice us to part our money. To be honest we have not been to Pizza Express for a while. We used to go there quite often, especially when girls were small. I remember we organised a birthday party there for my younger daughter, Maria when she was, I think, 8 or 10 years old. Maria and her friends got to make their own pizzas under the guidance of pizza chef and enjoyed their own hand-made pizzas. All then received certificates and mini chef's whites and hats.


Anyway, we decided to go for £12.99 three course meal deal per person.  For the starter, we chose Pizza Express famous dough balls with garlic butter. I also ordered Merlot Rose, which was very nice. I don't know much about wine but it was a gorgeous salmon pink colour with very refreshing taste. I really like that!


We then both had a plate of Classic Giardiniera pizza each. It has artichokes, mushrooms, red peppers, santos tomatoes, leeks, olives, garlic oil, tomatoes and pesto base. It was really delicious!


We then had cheese cake with mascapone cheese each. By then I was getting full. My husband said, "You don't need to finish if you don't want to." I said, "But it would go to waste." He said, "or it would go to your waist!". Very funny... I finished it all anyway.


 My husband then had cappuccino and I had macchiato.



£12.99 per person would be a good deal if you like to have 3 course meals but by the time you add a decent glass of wine and coffee, it's not really that cheap after all. But we did really enjoy our lunch and it was also nice to have lunch somewhere different for a change.


Now, all clean plate and everything I ate that day did go to my waist!!!







No comments: