Monday, March 10, 2014

Another Afternoon Tea - Grange Manor Hotel in Grangemouth

Quest for 'value for money' afternoon deal continues ... this time, my mother-in-law, my husband, younger daughter Maria and I went to the Grange Manor Hotel (http://www.grangemanor.co.uk/home) in Grangemouth. This was another one of those on-line deals, Groupon deal this time. It was £31 for four people including a glass of bubbly each, equivalent of £7.75 per person.

The staff was very friendly and very attentive, kept checking if we wanted our teapot to be replenished. Both my daughter and I enjoyed nicely brewed pots of tea.  Sandwiches were nice and soft with selections of fillings - cheese, eggs, ham and chicken. Cakes were very moist and delicious - ginger cakes, fruit cakes and butternut white chocolate cakes. There were also scones, small profiteroles and mini meringues with strawberry slices. We got 2 cake stands that came with creams and there are also mini pots of jams to go with these - strawberry, raspberry and marmalade.



The hotel is in Grangemouth, on the busy main road. The restaurant is probably a breakfast room, overlooking the front car park with ASDA's warehouse the other side of the road. So view from the table is not great however the room was nice and quiet, very relaxing.

We really enjoyed our afternoon tea with bubbly at this place. I was particularly impressed with slices of cakes as they were really soft and moist.  Ginger cakes, you can taste ginger but never over-powering.  We also liked slices of butternut & white chocolate - not too sweet but goes well with tea.
The portion size for the whole thing was just right.



Grange Manor Hotel, Grangemouth, Scotland
We all enjoyed our afternoon tea last Sunday afternoon.

I was almost giving up on-line Afternoon Tea deals after recent experience (see my recent blog) however I may change my mind about that after this.  My husband said, just try not to go for afternoon tea deal too often AND just enjoy what we are served. Yes, that's so true...

And that's all forks!



No comments: