Sunday, February 2, 2014

Pasta la Vista in Glasgow

I have mentioned the other day that my daughters are on Slimming World (http://www.slimmingworld.com) diet so I have also been preparing meals to support them, using low calorie oil sprays and trying to come up with healthy option for dinners.   But, you do need to enjoy your life and we can't resist temptation to eat out sometime, right!

Well, my husband, my younger daughter Maria and I have recently went to Coia's Cafe in Glasgow (http://www.coiascafe.co.uk) and we really had a fabulous dinner.

The highlight of the evening for me is their Linguine alla Pescatora (seafood linguine), our favourite pasta at this restaurant (see my earlier blogs, 'SEE'food in Glasgow, Cafe Coia for everyone and Great Seafood Soup in Glasgow). It's £15.45 but abundant with lots of seafood - langoustines, big scallops, calamari, mussels, king prawns - there are so much on the plate that I can only finish half of it, in fact it could feed for two. I ask for a doggy bag at the end of the evening and the next day I ate this for lunch, definitely there was more than enough for one left! It' definitely worthwhile to try this pasta!

Cafe Coia's Linguine alla Pescatora - mixed seafood with garlic, chilli and tomato sauce
Use these to tackle langoustine shells ...

Maria and I had not had mozzerella cheese for some time since Slimming World commenced in our household so we decide to have Insalata Caprese (tomato, fresh mozzarella and basil with extra virgin olive oil) for starter. That was nice and refreshing.



For main course, whilst I had seafood linguine, my husband had Tagliatelle Alfredo (creamy sauce with tomato, pesto and Parmiggiano Reggiano).  I confess. Earlier in the week, we had already been to Coia Cafe (so this was our 2nd trip to this restaurant in the week .. so much for Slimming World....) and he had seafood linguine then, he went all vegetarian for a change, well, almost except cheese and cream!

Tagliatelle Alfredo

Maria could not decide whether she would go for chicken dish or pasta, so decided to choose Pollo Milanese (chicken breast coated in breadcrums with spaghetti promodoro) and she could satisfy both of her wishes! You should see the size of the plate ...  I think she was really happy with her choice.

Maria's Pollo Milanese

No matter how full we are, we always have room for dessert ... Maria had Chocolate Chip Cheesecake - a baked New York style cheesecake with chocolate chips, decorated with chocolate chip pings on a sponge base! It came with vanilla ice-cream and whipped cream. I had tried a little and it was really yummy!


I had tried Gelato Affogato - vanilla ice cream topped with crushed Amaretti biscotti and served with a shot of hot espresso for pouring. Affogato means 'drowned' in Italian, so ice cream is drowned in espresso! This was really good.  Just thinking about this makes me want another one right now!  The combination of cold ice cream with hot espresso with crunchiness of amaretti is really addictive...



Well, we had fantastic meal at Coia's Cafe! Seafood linguine is excellent! It was definitely Pasta la vista, and I WILL BE BACK!!


That's all forks!


No comments: