Tuesday, February 4, 2014

dragon-i in Glasgow

31st January 2014 was Chinese New Year and I have just thought about the time, well, good few months ago, when my husband and I went to dragon-i (http://www.dragon-i.co.uk) restaurant in Glasgow.

The restaurant is directly opposite the Theatre Royal and is conveniently located.  We went there to try as we got on-line voucher deal for 2 course meals for two with a bottle of wine. Considering it was Friday evening with lots of theatre goers and group eating dinners, the service was excellent and the meal was lovely.



For starter, I had Tom Yam Gong (Thai chilli seafood soup with lemongrass, cherry tomatoes and shiitake mushrooms) whilst my husband had Jiao Yeem Choi (Tempura vegetables, wok fried with fresh chillies, garlic and rock salt).  I loved the soup with lots of seafood.  Vegetable tempura was good but personally I would like to have had some dipping sauce with it.




For main course, I had Jhing Yu (steamed sea bass on a bed of pak choi with fresh ginger and spring onion topped with soya sauce) served with garlic butter fried rice.  I love sea bass, steamed with soy sauce and ginger. This is what I love to eat when I go to Chinese restaurant, so I got to try dragon-i's sea bass. I really enjoyed their sea bass.



My husband had, I think, Lat Gee Hoi Sin (grilled tiger prawns, scallops and fish tossed in a chilli tomato, pepper sauce topped with fresh coriander) served with garlic fried rice. Well, I am actually reading this off the menu on-line as I can't remember the exact name and what was in it but I have just realised that the photo shows lots of mussels too and I wonder if it is the same thing ....?  This is what happens when you don't update your blog straight after you went to restaurant. Anyway, my husband enjoyed it and it was delicious as it looked in the photo.


I then had a pot of jasmine tea - it was good that they didn't serve a tea bag. It was a proper loose jasmine tea and it was nice and refreshing.



Overall, we really enjoyed our meal. They also do lunch menu, according to their website. 2 courses for £7.95 and 3 courses for £9.95!  As we don't eat meat, choices for us are rather limited however there is quite a good selection if you eat meat. It's a pity that the place is a bit away from main bustle and hustle of the city centre and you forget it's actually situated at a very convenient location.

I got another on-line voucher deal - 3 course meals for two with a glass of wine each at Lychee Oriental Restaurant in Glasgow. I shall tell you all about this once we go there and this time I make sure I blog about this straight after our dinner.....

That's all forks!

No comments: