Tuesday, August 14, 2012

That's a wrap!

What's in your lunch box?  I usually take salad, pasta salad or left over from a previous night but hardly a sandwich. If I must, because I run out of things to put, I may make sandwich but always cut the crusts off. I just don't like sandwich crusts. They taste so boring. In fact I am not that keen on sandwich breads all together.

When I was in elementary school, we were all served with lunch at school (and no option of packed lunches from home).  We had to finish eating everything served on the tray otherwise we could not go out and play during lunch hours. Usually we were served with 3 slices of white sandwich bread.  I just could not eat them unless they were properly toasted and of course there was no such thing like a toaster available for children at my school then.  I was always one of the last to finish eating my lunch, but occasionally I used to hide some of slices, stuffing them to the back of my desk drawers so that I could go out and join my friends on the play ground, and took them home for disposal later.
One day I completely forgot about them and our teacher noticed collection of dried sandwich breads inside of my desk drawers, some with mould on them (yuk!) during their weekly desk check.  I don't remember at all having been reprimanded for this, in fact I remember the teacher was telling my mother about this incident in front of me when she came to school for one of usual parent's meetings and they were both laughing about it as they thought it was so amusing.


Anyway, back to lunch box.  Today, I have taken a tortilla wrap with prawns, salad with sweet chill sauce for lunch to work.  You basically spread mayonaise thinly over the tortilla, top with mixed salad leaves, either king prawns or small prawns (already cooked), few strips of red and yellow (or green) peppers as garnish, drizzle sweet chill sauce over them and peppers to taste.  You just then roll it up, wrap them with kitchen foil (not cling film) to keep the shape and ready to go! Sooooo easy and tasty. 
Yeah, that's a wrap!







No comments: