Sunday, September 7, 2014

Craig's food adventure - China and Hong Kong

Emily's fiance, Craig, went to China a few months ago for business and sent me some photos of food he ate there.  In fact he is in Singapore right now and told me that he would not send me any more food pictures from Singapore unless I blog about his food in China.  I'd better crack on and write some so here I am.

Craig's work has been taking him so many different places around the world. In the past year or two, he has been to Norway, Florida, South Korea (please see earlier blogs titled Craig's food adventure in Korea http://mwhe.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/craigs-food-adventure-in-korea.html and Craig's another food adventure in Korea http://mwhe.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/craigs-another-food-adventure-in-korea.html), recenlty China and Hong Kong, and now, currently in Singapore and Indonesia (I think....?) for business.  At each location he was there for a month to two months.  He has been becoming more and more adventurous with food, eating local food with local people; before you know he would eat around the world and eat like locals!

Anyway, one night he went out with his Chinese co-workers when he was working somewhere in China, and here are some photos of food he ate!

This is sweet boiled bread, grilled. Craig, is this the same as mantou, which is Chinese steamed bun? Were there any fillings or did you eat them with some dipping sauce? I am intrigued ....


This next one is grilled peppers and mushroom. Mushrooms look nice. Are there flakes of chilli I detect on mushrooms? I bet they were flavoursome!


And here are shredded leg of lamb, roasted...? I am sure Craig enjoyed this as he likes meat.


And eels in a BBQ glaze - I would love to try this.  Eal meat is oilier than other types of fish so they are more suited to grill. Grilled eels with special glaze sauce are also very popular dish in Japan, especially eaten in summer which is said to give people strength to beat grillingly hot summer heat.


And finally pork skewers, I bet Craig also loved this!


He also sent me a photo of food he ate at a restaurant in the city of Hong Kong. 


I am guessing this is chicken with cashew nuts and chilli ... but look at the size of chillies, unless I am mistaken these with red peppers - whole chillies - was this hot and spicy, Craig?  It looks lovely though, with contrasts of red chilli sauce and white rice, and again with red table cloth and white dishes.


Whilst in Hong Kong, he also ventured out for a walk alone and found this very unusual flowers that looks almost like an unusual butterfly.



Well, well, well, all those Chinese food, he still missed some Western food and he could not resist the temptation of getting room service hot dog with french fries at a hotel he was staying in Hong Kong!  But to be honest, although I don't eat meat, the hot dog does look good, doesn't it and who would not like french fries!  I bet he really enjoyed this too.


So, this was another Craig's very successful food adventure from China and Hong Kong. Thank you very much for having sent me these photos, Craig.  I am now looking for more photos, hint hint, hahahaha. 

Confucius said, 'Everyone eats and drinks; yet only few appreciates the taste of food."

That's all forks!

No comments: