Saturday, March 9, 2013

Love is all around ....


I have been neglecting to update my blog again.... and I know it's far too late to talk about Valentine as it's almost a month ago but I got photos so why not?!

Anyway, every year for Valentine, my husband and I just exchange cards but no special Valentine Dinner at a restaurant. Younger daughter, Maria went to Jamie Oliver's Fifteen with her boyfriend on  Valentine's Day but no photos for their dinner. 

Well, as most of you are aware, Emily and Craig are now officially engaged!!!  So exciting!!! We are now going around all wedding exhibitions and wedding dress shops around the country soon....

Anyway, Emily and Craig went to Las Ramblas (http://www.lasramblastapas.co.uk)  in Bearsden, outskirts of Glasgow for Valentine's dinner on Valentine's Day but Craig did not propose her then as he had a huge plan to do that in New York in 2 weeks later.  Craig just wanted to have romantic dinner with Emily on Valentines' Day whilst Emily, who had no idea what was coming in 2 weeks later, was busy taking photos of tapas she was eating using flash while other diners were holding hands in romantic low light ....  anyway, here are what she ate (but she couldn't bring herself to take photos of what Craig had, in case restaurant threw her out for ruining other diners' romantic dinner .... no, just kidding :-) ....)

She had mixed Seafood Tapas (squid tons, prawns and white cod in a batter served with garlic and herb mayo dip, lemon and salad; Patatas Bravas; Mushroom stuffed with chorizo and black pudding; chicken croquettes, garlic bread and finished off with hot caramel apple pie with crunchy caramel on top and Scottish tablet ice cream. She said this was TDF!!!.   








The next day, my husband, Maria and I went to Sarti in Glasgow for dinner and we ended up having Valentine Menu. We didn't plan to do that so it was rather nice for a change, so here are what we ate:

Pan seared king scallops served on a bed of wilted spinach for starter
Tagliatelle alla Eros - Tagliatelle with fresh water king prawns
and baby prawns in a light chilli sauce for main course
Maria had Pesto Linguine (not Valentine Menu)
Maria had Chocolate Torte (not Valentine Menu)
My husband had traditional 24 month Parmigiano cheese served with honey
Let's not worry about calories ....
I had Panna Cotta with steamed pears and chocolate sauce

So, in the end everyone got lovely Valentine Dinners and love is all around.... Well, now almost a month later, a lot have happened!  Maria passed driving test so she is now driving my car around and also becomes our designated driver if we go for a meal and my husband and I can have a vino or two... lovely!   Emily and Craig has now engaged in New York where they went for holiday, lovely. Food photos will follow soon so watch the space! And, you never guess, we now have a cat in our house. Her name is Yuki, which means snow in Japanese, as she is all white (except her tail and bit of her face).  In my entire life I was allergic to cats (or according to my husband it was all in my imagination) until now. I said to my husband, "Let's go to Cat Rescue Place, just to have a look and we are not getting any...."   So off we went one Sunday in February and here she is now, she has taken over our lives, but she is such a lovely cat!   Oh, Maria has also done very well at Critical Assessment at placement the other day and her future is definitely bright, lovely!!!! 

Love is all around us.
That's all forks!

No comments: