Monday, December 24, 2012

I am all pickled this Christmas

It's Christmas eve and we are invited to my husband's sister's house for Christmas dinner tomorrow so no hassle and bustle for toiling all day in the kitchen now. It's perfect for a lazy cook like me.

So how did I spend my afternoon on Christmas eve? Making pickled vegetables in a lazy way, of course. My original intention was to prepare pickling vinegar from the scratch but when we went to supermarket last night I found a huge jar of Sarson's Malt Pickling Vinegar. It was inevitable that I had to buy this jar to create the most easiest and quickest pickles at home.

My mother in law has been making chutney and jams so I have been keeping jars for her. I need to create some space in the kitchen so why not, let's make some mixed pickles using these jars, eat more vegetables for 5-a-day and clear up the kitchen a little bit too.


I have done some research online about making pickles but in the end Sarson has decided for me that I just go for hassle free recipe of making pickles after all - all I did was preparing vegetables and immerse them with the pickling vinegar with some peppercorns and some chills. I might have overdone chillies but it's too late now. I just see what will happens and will let you know how my pickles will be like.

In the meantime, just to wish you everyone a Merry Christmas and have a lovely Christmas Dinner. I wonder what you will be eating...?   You will find out what I will be eating of course! Send me your photos of your Christmas Dinner and I may even put them on my blog too!!

Anyway, enjoy your Christmas.

(This is not me but Emily...)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE PICKLES! Pickled Beets, Pickled Cucumbers, Pickled carrots, Pickled beans, Pickled Asparagus, Pickles Garlic, Pickled Wine! Kidding!