Friday, December 21, 2012

'SEE' Food in Glasgow

Once again I have been neglecting in updating my food blog, big time! I have been really busy with ... work, Angry Birds, work, Angry Birds, work, catch-up TVs (Can't wait for next series of Scandal and Revenge!), work, Angry Birds.....

I have been however eating, taking pictures here and there and I am now officially on holiday until after New Year, so I got some time now to come back to my blog.

The other day, we went back to Coia's Cafe (see my earlier blog) in Glasgow (www.coiascafe.co.uk), this time with my husband, Emily and Maria. We remembered to book the booth and when we arrived, we were seated near the kitchen. Well, this was a fantastic seat as we could see all the foods coming out of the kitchen.  Every dish looked so delectable, especially seafood dishes. Big plateful of mussels or langoustines, piled up high on plates and the smell was phenomenal. Every time chefs put plates on the counter for waiting staff to take away to serve, I kept saying "Wow, look at those!" or "Mmmmmm" with so much excitement that my family could not help laughing, saying "Look at mum's face looking at those foods!". 

Our seat near the kitchen - can see all the foods coming out from the kitchen!
So we first of all had garlic bread with mozzarella as starter to share.


Emily had main course portion of Cozze Marinara (fresh mussels with garlic, chilli and tomato).


Maria had Pizza Calabraese (spicy chicken and mixed peppers).


My husband had Tagliatelle Gamberoni e Cappeante (Garlic, chill, tiger prawns, scallops, cherry tomatoes and rocket).



and I had Linguine Pescatora (mixed seafood in a garlic, chilli and tomato sauce) and I was WOWed!
Just look at this - abundance of seafood and the plate was almost too small to hold everything!


My husband then had a hot apple crumble with ice cream and fresh cream for dessert and we all had cappuccino (... yes, I know Italians dare not to do drink this after noon but we don't care...)



There were so much food and we could only manage half, so we asked for doggy bags for Emily's mussels, my seafood linguine and Maria's pizza, which they were happy to oblige  - even boxes were huge to contain all our foods we could not manage. You can guess what we had for dinner the next day - nothing got wasted and we all had happy stomach!


In the meantime, more food kept coming out from the kitchen and I kept saying 'Wow' for everything.
We'd definitely go back again for SEEfood experience!

That's all forks!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

It all looks amazing, but i am left wondering how you ate it all!