Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Great seafood spaghetti!

I am updating this blog while cooking dinner. Menu for this evening is grilled salmon fillet glazed with light soy sauce and ginger, with mixed vegetable stir fry and savoury vegetable rice. Ever since I watched Gok Wan's Chinese Cookery programme on TV, I have been using Thai Fish Sauce when stir frying vegetables. It really does add extra dimension to the ordinary stir fry but be careful not to use too much, otherwise your stir fry vege  would end up too salty to eat.

Anyway, we went back to our favourite Italian restaurant, Sarti (http://sarti.co.uk), for dinner last Friday night.
As soon as I walked into the house, after long day at work and when all you wanted to do was to relax and sit in front of TV to catch up, perhaps with a glass of vino, my husband asked me if I wanted to go to Sarti.  Of course I want, why not, how can I refuse!!!  There was a slight catch though - I got to be the designated driver after the dinner.

We did not book the table but we were lucky enough to get a nice table, considering how busy the place was already for early evening.  I had their Tomato and Mascapone penne before and as it was so delicious, I was thinking about ordering this again. When my husband declared that he will have seafood spaghetti, I was easily influenced by his choice and decided to order one for myself too.

Well, it was an excellent choice! There were so many varieties of seafood - langoustine, king prawns, salmon, scallops, mussels, squids, octopus and small prawns, which were all cooked to the perfection with spaghetti in very delicious tomato sauce.



Well, the photo says all, it was absolutely delicious and we had a very fantastic meal. I wish you could taste it or even wish there is a smell-vision (instead of television) with this blog so that you could smell this!!!


Now, thinking of food makes me really hungry and just as well, the dinner is ready. Better go and eat before it gets cold. It's nowhere near restaurant food but I love salmon and I surely enjoy it!

1 comment: