Monday, July 9, 2012

Lazy Cook

When I came home from work, I was so hungry and wanted to make something quick. So I made Spaghetti with tomato and tuna for my husband and me.
I bought this blue plate at local market when we went to Bardolino (Lake Garda) in Italy for family holiday about 6 - 7 years ago. It features langoustine, scallop and prawns around the rim of the plate and every time I make this spaghetti, I use this plate reminiscing of wonderful food we had there.
I only bought 2 plates - I wish I bought more.



This is very easy to make and takes less than 20 minutes, so suitable for a lazy cook like me!

The following receipt for the sauce is for 2 - 3 people.  You need:

200 - 240g spaghetti or penne
1 1/2 tbs flat parsley - chopped
1 small - medium sized red chili, de-seeded and finely chopped
1 small clove of garlic, chopped
1 ts fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
400 - 500g  passata (or 1 tin of chopped tomato)
1 - 2 ts capers
black olives - optional
1 tin of tuna steak, drained and flaked
rock salt and pepper
olive oil

While you are boiling the water for spaghetti, you chopped all these ingredients, fry parsley, chill, garlic and ginger with olive oil in a pan for a few minutes.  (This has such a lovely smell!!!) Then tip in passata into the pan and cook for 3 - 5 minutes. You then add tuna, capers and olives into the pan and cook further 5 minutes and then simmer for another 5 minutes or until the spaghetti is ready. Add pinch of rock salt and pepper to the sauce to season.
Make sure you stop cooking the spaghetti just before the point of al dante and toss with the sauce. Divide between 2 - 3 plates and serve.  Keep some sauce to spoon over the individual servings and drizzle a little bit of olive oil.

I wonder what others are eating now for dinner....???






No comments: